This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our passionate and knowledgeable Engineering Department as the Electrical Engineer. This exciting role will see you beng responsible for the site electrical compliance and hold the responsibility of being the site Electrical Duty Holder and Senior Authorised Person.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Electrical Engineer you will;
- Ensure safety is at the forefront of everything you do and promote throughout the site team.
- Be the site electrical Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
- Ensure the site is compliant to all current electrical legislation.
- Set out the predictive and preventative electrical maintenance strategy for the plant.
- Maintain CMMS planning system.
- Lead investigations in equipment failures.
- Assist Production and Control with investigations to rectify line failures.
- Lead PM projects and develop the line engineering functions knowledge of PM.
- Understand best practice within the electrical engineering environment and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Continually monitor the plants performance and set plans with targets to improve upon the reliability of the equipment.
- Manage orders on SAP and CMMS.
- Manage contract and site labour during all maintenance activities.
- Develop the skills of Electrical Craftsman.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Electrical Engineer specifically it is important that you have:
- Commitment to safety (essential).
- Relevant degree (electrical) or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience of working as a electrical engineer in an industrial environment.
- Experience of carrying out planned maintenance of industrial machinery.
- Experience of working in an operations environment where safety and performance are paramount.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing projects on time and to agreed targets.
- Experience of successfully managing people.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for British Gypsum – part of the Saint-Gobain group and the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based drylining systems and products.
In Saint-Gobain, each woman and man is able to build a career without boundaries in a genuine and ambitious group. At British Gypsum we’re proud to support this promise and offer our people a world of opportunity, all the challenge they’ll ever need and colleagues with great pride in what they’re a part of.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, British Gypsum is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within British Gypsum or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job