NSB Recruitment are currently recruiting for anElectrical Engineer in Plymouth, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting and delivering designs for a varied portfolio of projects ranging in size across the UK as well as internationally.
- Our clients projects span across multiple sectors including Defence, Education, Healthcare and Science Research.
- You will be working within a close-knit multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff to deliver a consistently high-quality service for clients to ensure that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved.
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research.
- Creating and maintaining a high reputation within the local industry, and to ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures is also a very important part of the role.
To be considered for this exciting Electrical Engineer role, you will need the following:
- Relevant degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification and must have, or be working towards chartered status.
- Membership of CIBSE/IET or industry recognised institution.
- Excellent technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering.
- Good understanding of a secondary engineering discipline.
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Good commercial and contractual knowledge.
- Ability to lead small to medium sized projects and ability to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver control the tasks required
- Client facing experience with the ability to identify and meet client needs.
Why apply for thisElectrical Engineer role:
This is fantastic career opportunity for a creative and driven Principle/Associate level Electrical Engineer to join an award-winning company, based in Plymouth.
This is a demanding and rewarding role with exciting opportunities working within a wonderful coastal area of the country.
To reward your hard work and commitment they offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. Other benefits include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Car Allowance
If this Associate Electrical Engineer position is of interest to you, please click apply now below.