I am looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer for a leading manufacturing business based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire. As the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels.
Based in Sheffield my client are a leading and growing manufacturing business who supply products across the UK - This client is within manufacturing (None Food) and they currently employ cica 50 employees on this site but also have large expansion plans in the future. This position will be based at their Ilkeston site, in Derbyshire.
Reporting into the Maintenance Supervisor as the Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for providing engineering support to achieve the plant production targets & PPM completion rate to KPI target levels. The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in and (and on occasion) lead the Engineering Team in areas such as breakdown response, PPM, Continuous Improvement (CI) Initiatives, Training and Housekeeping.
Other key tasks of the role include completing general engineering tasks, breakdown repairs, Contractor Liaison and carrying out cost effective maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment.
All these tasks are to be carried out on the Ilkeston, Derbyshire manufacturing site and are to be completed within a specified time frame and to the highest Engineering Standards.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns (irrespective of priority) are identified and subsequently rectified as quickly as possible
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping (within specified areas)
- Practice & encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health & safety at all times and ensure that all plant and ancillary equipment is maintained to these high standards
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed
To apply for the position of Electrical Engineer based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire you will ideally have:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in an Electrical Maintenance function within a manufacturing or heavy environment.
- Experience of fault finding on Automated controls systems such as PLC's, HMI's, Scada, Invertor drives, Profibus and some instrumentation.
- HNC / ONC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Apprentice trained & qualified.
This position is paying between £30,000 - £35,000 (Including Shift Pay). Multiple Shifts available - Days or Double Days. Based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job