Rullion Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for an Electrical Engineer on a 6 month contract basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.
The purpose of this role is for an Electrical Engineer to join the North & Central Area AMS Hub based in Kendal (England) North area.
The role will require you to provide electrical engineering support to the Project Engineering Managers (PEM) in the North & Central area for Water and Wastewater Services.
Working with Operations and Field Service Engineers as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to identify/improve site operational issues.
You will be required to monitor suppliers of services/equipment in the development of design solutions, seeing these through to completion and sign off. The position will also require interfacing with Electrical Engineers in the other team areas to ensure a consistent approach and meeting with regulations.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer, and working with the PEM, you will;
* Plan electrical engineering work and manage others to deliver outputs to meet agreed milestones and within budget for specific site projects. This will include working with suppliers, contractors and partners to provide technical governance and design assurance where design responsibility is held outside of the client.
* Have a detailed knowledge and experience of industry and company techniques and technologies for automation and power distribution/utilisation.
* Be able to practically apply available and emerging technologies within Electrical/ICA engineering to deliver robust, reliable, commissionable, operable and maintainable plants within a regulatory environment is key.
* Support the client's operational staff in optimizing site production and lowering site expenditure.
* Assess and manage risk.
* Champion the use of safety techniques and procedures used in planning, design and supervision of projects in the construction, commissioning and performance review phases.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment and encourage commitment in others to safety in all aspects of work.
* Input to the development of the client's Engineering Standards, systems and procedures and provision of project & site specific engineering design expertise.
* Ensure that all activities undertaken and engineering outputs provided are in accordance with Health and Safety legislation and accepted practice.
* Ensure that all electrical engineering outputs provided are in accordance with an appropriate Quality Management System e.g. checked and verified: calculations, drawings, specifications, and compliance with client's Company Standards.
* Support the client's Supply Chain in the development and management of innovative projects and crucial Kit Framework purchase agreements.
* Provide guidance to operational staff of need to apply standards and the use of Kit Frameworks.
Knowledge and Skills
* Ideally educated to degree level with post-education experience
* Knowledge of role relevant British standards and statutory legislation
* Knowledge of water treatment processes with a detailed knowledge and experience of Company standards
* Maintain an awareness of wider strategic aims of client and developments in the Water Industry.
* Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team
* A broad awareness & knowledge of various electrical equipment types and designs and a working knowledge of the interfaces with other disciplines e.g. civil, hydraulic, mechanical, modelling etc.
* Knowledge of the regulatory environment is important in meeting our objectives.
* Ability to write clear, concise, accurate engineering & design specifications with measurable outputs.
* Able to communicate concepts and ideas regarding the application of particular designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Knowledge of the operational environments, operator skill levels and operating cost implications of the proposed engineering solutions.
* Knowledge and experience of process and construction risks analysis techniques such as; ARM, HAZID, HAZOP, HAZCON, HAZCOM and PEAZ.
Rullion is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Electrical engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job