This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure your own safety and the safety of others at all times.
- To Proactively report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts and near misses and to become part of the extra ordinary safety culture and help promote the "Home Safe Everyday" campaign.
- To present and behave in a professional manner at all times.
- To be supportive and respectful to others at all times.
- To contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
- To carry out Continual Professional Development (CPD) as necessary to maintain and enhance your competence.
- To Establish and maintain good communications (written and oral) with others at all times.
- Ensure that the client's requirements are correctly translated into a functional solution meeting technical, statutory and health and safety requirements
- Fully understand, take ownership and deliver the scope of work that is being assigned within the budget and time that is allocated to tasks, and in accordance with the company's quality management requirements.
- Identify all risks associated with the planned activities and immediately advise the lead engineer of any issues that could impact the project.
- Liaise with all necessary interfaces (e.g. other project team members) to ensure that all required information for the task has been received and to immediately highlight and deficiencies.
- Provide accurate progress reports including estimates to complete on a regular basis.
- Create/oversee the generation of system drawings at feasibility, concept and scheme design stages.
- Create/oversee the development of the system designed based on selected concept/scheme drawings with increased level of detail taking into account 3rd party interfaces, operational impacts, homogeneous systems, safety systems, system architecture and equipment processes.
- Create/oversee the generation of Electrical design and installation drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and part lists.
- Block interface drawings, end connection drawings, cable schedules, electrical power and distribution drawings.
- Generation of Electrical design control panel drawings as followed:
- Equipment arrangement drawings and bill of materials.
- Electrical Schematics and terminal arrangements.
- Assist with control panel CE marking, O&M manuals and technical records register.
- Generation of technical specifications, installation specifications reports and calculations.
- Create/oversee the preparation of phasing drawings indicating the sequence of installation.
- Site surveys in support to the above activities.
- Site support during installation and commissioning phases, office or site, day or night.
- Testing and commissioning at the customers or sub-contractors site.
- Conduct Design Health and Safety assessments in compliance with applicable regulatory and statutory safety requirements.
- Liaison at all levels with customers and sub-contractors
- Justification of key engineering decisions such as equipment locations, cable routes, option analysis and equipment selection analysis
- To identify and co-ordinate the resolution of issues. In particular those associated with installation and phasing constraints such as the identification, development of a resolution strategy and implementation of enabling works.
- Monitor and report progress against the agreed programme.
- Provide "estimates to complete" (ETCs) for all remaining allocated activities.
- Identify to the Lead Engineer any variation to the agreed scope of work. Advise on cost and programme impact and gain approval before initiating the variation.
- Ensure that all related processes and procedures particularly with regards to the review and issue of engineering output are followed.
- Project close out, ensuring all "as built" drawings and test records are received from site.
- Ability to create O&M manuals, Health and Safety files necessary for final handover
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job