Electrical Engineer with Sub-Metering Experience
Location: UK Wide
This is a Permanent Role
Hours: 45 Hours, Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm
Basic Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Paid Overtime + Vehicle
We are looking for a qualified, experienced Electrical Engineerwith sub-metering experience within commercial properties.
Based from home and covering the UK wide, you will have the support of a well-established team of office professionals who pride themselves on their high levels of service and support to both commercial customers and colleagues in the field. Being part of an established business, you will truly be recognised for your efforts and contribution as well as enjoy the atmosphere of being part of a genuinely friendly company that cares about all of its employees.
Your main function will be to work on metering and sub-metering roles as well as other technical installation projects as required. This is a permanent job, offering a good basic salary plus excellent career prospects as well as all of the tools required to carry out the job. You will enjoy working mainly Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm, although at times you may need to work outside of this to accommodate the needs of the customers.
You must be prepared to work in all weathers, and in sometimes difficult or dirty conditions as some meter cans be in based in areas such as basements or outside. A reasonable level of physical fitness and manual dexterity is also required to undertake regular manual handling.
Skills and Experience required:
- Sub-metering experience or experience of; Building Controls, Lighting Systems Controls, Battery Installation, Energy Management Devices or Smart Metering.
- Prior experience in electrical testing and inspecting.
- Be familiar with industry standard meter types (EDMI, Elster, ISKRA etc) and their software.
- Familiarity with Radiotech is desirable.
- Good IT and MS Office skills.
- Carry out complete installations and replacements of single phase and 3 phase CT meters.
- Carry out complete installations and replacements of single phase and 3 phase WC meters.
- Carry out site surveys for sub metering.
- Carry out regular health and safety checks to ensure safe working environments and the safety of others e.g. RAMS (Risk Assessments and Method Statements).
The following qualification and certification are required:
Qualified Electrician with the following qualifications or equivalent
- City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) to include Wiring Regulations (BS7671, 17th Edition) + NVQ Level 3 + AM2 assessment.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrical Testing and Inspection Certificate.
Safety Body Registrations
- ECS Gold Card (CSCS affiliated)
Follow us on Twitter@aboutyourecruit or join our facebook community by clicking 'Like’ on our About You Recruitment Ltd page. Be the first to see our jobs as well as lots of useful information about the job market, interviews and CVs!
Note: Due to the large volumes of applications that we receive if you have not had a response within 7 days of your application then please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
About You Recruitment acts as both an 'Employment Agency’ & 'Employment Business’ - providing office jobs across Sussex and Surrey.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job