An Electrical Design Engineer is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you an experienced design engineer who has good knowledge of the automotive industry? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced team? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
Experienced Electrical / Electronic Engineer (5 years plus industrial experience) with an in-depth knowledge of engineering design/manufacturing. Previous experience of working in a Test environment (specifically turbocharger/rotating machine testing) would be advantageous although is not essential.
The role is primarily focused on working as part of a small team of Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and software Engineers to develop turbocharger performance testing facilities located in our Huddersfield testing laboratory. The scope of the design skill required, includes the design of low voltage control systems (up to 400VAC), safety PLC integration and programming, distributed instrumentation and control design, using a mixture of analogue, digital and bus based protocols.
Key skills required for the role:
- Use of Autocad electrical for producing schematics, layout drawings, BOMS, wiring schedules and supporting documentation, using the agreed company standards.
- Liaising with panel and enclosure build technicians (in house) to ensure a consistent build process.
- Devising, documenting and carrying out subsystem testing prior to full system assembly in the test facility.
- Developing innovative solutions to potentially complex measurement or control problems.
- Carrying out DFMEA or similar assessments as part of a team to ensure designs meet functional and safety requirements.
- Working with the team and project leader to agree time / resource plans, consideration given to scope of work and project risk. Reporting of progress vs plan and developing mitigation plans as necessary.
Technologies and standards
- Knowledge of the following standards and technologies would be highly beneficial.
- Machinery directive and associated BS-EN standards to compliance.
- Allen Bradley RSLogix/Studio 5000 programming and hardware design for safety PLCs.
- Common industrial protocol for Allen Bradley PLC.
- Modbus sensors and control elements.
- Distributed I/O systems.
- Allen Bradley / Rockwell VFDs for typical 5kW machinery
- ABB VFDs for typical 5kW machinery
- Eurotherm and EPACK controllers and iTools software
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'