Electrical Design Engineer - Water
£300/350 Per day
Highfield Professional Solutions are working with a leading South Coast Engineering & Construction company, they are seeking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineers to join their design team in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will work as of a multi-disciplined team, responsible for the design management of water and wastewater treatment plants.
The ideal candidate will be chartered or working towards chartership, be qualified to a minimum of a HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Water experience will also be an advantage.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, individuals will be responsible for managing all aspects of electrical design, including:
- Responsible for management of project specific design deliverables
- Carrying out design in accordance with M&E Design QA Procedures
- Responsible for the detailed design in accordance with the TEL Procedures
- Interpreting and understanding client requirements from client documents (drawings, specifications, correspondence, etc.)
- Communication with client, external design resources and subcontractors to ensure compliance with specification
- Site surveys of existing assets
- Optioneering and feasibility studies
- Assisting with tender pricing
- Production of procurement specifications for electrical equipment and production of detailed design construction drawings
- Project managing third party designs and providing design assistance to installation and commissioning teams
- Review of vendor data and drawings for all electrical equipment and package plant, motor control centres, power distribution panels and field equipment panels
- Management of internal and external project specific design costs in liaison with the Project Manager
- Undertaking and checking of design calculations including modelling of the complete power system (AMTECH)
- Preparation of drawings for CAD production, in accordance with the TEL QA procedures
- Assist in the development of process control philosophies with the Process Engineer and suppliers. Production of URS documentation
- Production of electrical scope and works enquiry submission documents
- Estimation of material and labour costs
- Undertake design risk assessments to support detailed design proposals
- Responsible for preparing detailed electrical specifications
- Responsible for the production of single line and block cable diagrams, load schedules, equipment specifications, cable schedules, equipment schedules, telemetry schedules, instrument schedules and I/O listings
- Record and document all design changes through to completion and issue of 'As Built' documents
- Liaise with clients and subcontractors
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Tom Mlinar on or send your cv
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'