Please read full Job Description before applying:
My client based in Cramlington are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join the business. This is a permanent position to work for a very successful business with a reputation for being a great place to work, they offer fantastic opportunities and benefits for the right candidate. Experience with Autocad and Auto Inventor are required for this role.
- Produce and check engineering drawings using the TFM 2D and 3D CAD systems. All engineering 3D models and drawings are to comply with the relevant Engineering Department procedures.
- Plan, control and undertake the day-to-day Engineering tasks assigned for their allocated projects.
- Directly support the nominated Project Manager / Project Engineer.
- Ensure that the areas of work allocated are completed in accordance with the TFM Technical Specification requirements and the requirements of the underlying project specific specifications.
- Complete allocated project tasks within agreed timescales, man-hour allocation, to the required technical accuracy.
- The DESIGN DRAUGHTSMAN will assist with the preparation of any other engineering deliverable as is required to support other functions.
- The DESIGN DRAUGHTSMAN will provide input to continual product improvements
- Liaise with the Client to resolve and/or clarify any Electrical/Instrumentation discrepancies within a Contract.
- Monitor and record Electrical/Instrumentation Project expenditure, ensuring that Project budgets are adhered to and/or improved where possible.
- Plan and co-ordinate with the quality engineer any Inspection and Test activities in accordance with the Project requirements
- Prepare 2D wiring schematics for electrical and instrument control systems.
- Prepare single line, block, terminations and loop diagrams for use during installation and commissioning.
- Select and specify cables and cable glands, and be able to generate a cable schedule.
- Generate schematics and general arrangements for junction boxes, cabinets and panels.
- Create detailed bills of materials and manufacturing drawings to allow the procurement and installation of equipment.
- Edit and review P&ID's.
- Perform and record supporting calculations/data for Electrical/Instrumentation detail design activities.
- Prepare Electrical/Instrumentation data sheets for equipment.
- Create/modify PLC and HMI programs.
- Create details scopes of work and deliverables for on site installations.
Required Qualifications, Training and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical, control or manufacturing engineering biased discipline.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship/Training History.
- Experienced engineer with oil and gas or petrochemical industry experience.
- Experienced in the use of industry standards, specifications and directives with emphasis on ATEX and IECEx.
- Ability to work with certifying marine authorities such as ABS, DNV and BV.
- Competent in the design and installation of systems using explosion proof equipment.
- Competent in creating electrical and instrument design using AutoCAD.
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of electrical and instrument control systems
- Familiar with PLC and HMI programming of small scale control systems.
- Aware of commercial, contractual and administrate aspects of engineering projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive and willing to adapt to change whilst progressing the Engineering deliverables required for the project.
- Previous experience of the installation and commissioning of electrical and instrument control systems.
- Understand and interpret detailed electrical, hydraulic, process and instrumentation drawings
- Understanding of industry communication protocols such as Ethernet, HART, Modbus, and ControlNet etc.
- Experience of using Autodesk Inventor to check and provide feedback for positioning of installation equipment.
- Previous experience working offshore in a commissioning capacity.
- CompEx EX01-EX04 trained and certified.
- Valid holder of BOSIET, MIST and current offshore medical.
- Previous participation in HAZOPS, HAZIDS and SIL assessments.
This role will require occasional travel which may last up to 3 weeks at a time.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Oil and Gas
- Electrical Engineer
- Autodesk Inventor
- Offshore work
- Instrumentation Projects
- Project Schedual
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'