Electrical Design Engineer
Location - Dalgety Bay, Fife
Permanent - competitive salary and benefits
PURPOSE OF JOB
To manage the design and development of refuse collection vehicle and hoists within the Engineering department, with specific emphasis on the electrical engineering.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the completion of projects against set deadlines at all times.
- Attend meetings as and when required and take full part.
- Creating and updating technical drawings including: electrical schematics, loom drawings, panel layout drawings.
- To ensure the consistent promotion of a safety conscious culture.
- To be able to access and understand all data based information.
- Project management of new products and enhancements to existing products.
- To be a positive ambassador for the business
- Handling sensitive issues with care and thoughtfulness
- An attitude of getting things done
- A strong team player
- To be able to make critical decisions, taking the initiative and ensure at all times they are followed through in a timely and professional manner.
- Have strong personal credibility and be able to use this to influence the operating success of the department.
- Have an aptitude for proactive identification of problems and barriers to ensure effective implementation of solutions.
- To support other members of the team in times of pressure
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, team meetings, and to carry out agreed action points within the time frame set
- Ensure work is focused upon the needs of the business
- Able to adapt working patterns and proactively engage flexibility and change
- Able to accept ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned.
- Good IT skills including Electrical Schematics and panel layout packages, and Microsoft Office, Experience with Creo schematics is beneficial.
- Excellent working/design knowledge of electrical systems including control systems (Codesys experience would be advantageous).
- Excellent communication skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Ability to fault find, diagnose issues and problem solve.
- Engineering Degree
- Project Management from concept, through design to final production
- Experience with Creo Parametric (desirable)
- Experience working in a production environment
- Electrical Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'