An exciting opportunity has arisen within the electrical machines department of a world leading engineering consultancy and manufacturer, with the opportunity to join their Norwich branch.
They are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to develop and extend the current range of high voltage motors and generators to suit the needs of the business and support growth into new markets
- Undertake detailed design analysis in order to maintain or improve the electrical integrity and quality of the product range. This involves the use of in-house developed software, whilst working closely with internal team of Electrical Engineers
- Undertake active participation in the ongoing design and development of the product range, giving technical instructions and advise to other departments including Manufacturing and Test
- Adopt value engineering principles, design for manufacture and concurrent engineering techniques in product development
- Closely support Design Draughtsmen in the modification of existing production designs and the preparation of new designs
- Provide technical support to the Sales Department as required. This may involve giving timely information for quotation purposes and off site travel to meet the customer
- Assist in the evaluation of technical problems with the installed product base, which may include travel to the customer for specific investigations
- Review the Mechanical Design process and its interaction with Electrical Design in order to optimise product performance
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in the design of capital electrical equipment ( not necessarily electrical machines) including thermal design
- Previous experience and knowledge of working in a manufacturing environment
- Have experience of prioritising a heavy workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Possess a proactive approach with the ability and desire to use own initiative in all areas of the role
- Confident with Microsoft Office packages and 2D Cad Software
- Own strong attention to detail skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job