Electrical Design Engineer
We require a Electrical Design Engineer for a client of ours based in Ipswich, Suffolk. The successful Electrical Design Engineer will required to manage the design and specification of electrical building services, compliance and quality of installations.
You will have the followingaccountabilities
- Participate as a member of the (confidential) team supporting colleagues and working collaboratively to develop the business. Work flexibly to support delivery across the service.
- Take ownership for own personal development.
- Take ownership of allocated projects from design concept through to site completion
- Mentor trainees as requested by management
- Acts as a client facing representative of the business as required
- Deputies the team leader when required at internal & external meetings
- Customer service
- Provide an efficient and businesslike point of contact.
- This includes responding to internal and external enquiries and (via face to face, telephone, email).
- Liaising with clients, developing the relevant aspects of client briefs
- Work collaboratively with other professionals within the Practice and also with Contractors
- SuppliesUpholds customer relationships with existing clients and builds new relationships with prospective clients.
What you need to know
- You will hold 5+ years’ experience within consultancy practice or a large contractor in a Design Capacity
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations, standards for electrical installations
- HND/degree level qualification in a relevant discipline
- Working towards Charted or Incorporated engineer with CIBSE or IET
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- The full design and specification of compliant electrical building services including power distribution, lighting, alarm, data/telecommunications, telemetry systems
- Lighting design using industry standard software and methods
- Undertake site surveys, site visits and associated inspections according to standard project/industry procedures or as the project requires
- Producing industry standard tender packages, undertaking analysis of tenders, monitoring and management of cost, quality and timescales
- Actively seek to progress projects working through concept to completion Undertake site surveys, site visits and associated inspections according to standard project/industry procedures or as the project requires
- Communicate effectively
- Create a positive and professional first impression of (confidential).
- Deal with all contacts professionally
To be considered for the Electrical Design Engineer opportunity, please click on the APPLY button below!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job