Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
Our Corby based client has a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing their own projects on a day to day basis and ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
The role will include detailed designer and the coordination of electrical solutions including Low Voltage Distribution, Small Power, Communications, Light, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Systems, Access Control and Lighting Protection,
· Represent BSD and promote can do attitude whilst maintaining positive relationships with clients.
· Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to clients requirements, fees and timescales etc.
· Work alongside Senior Engineers to produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
· Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
· Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
· Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
· Check QA on your design/project work to ensure compliance.
· Encourage lower levelled engineers to continuously develop their knowledge, arrange and attend CPD sessions.
· Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
· Produce design sketches.
· Develop the design through all stages of the project - from planning to completion.
· Coordinate architecturally, structurally and mechanically.
· Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
· Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
· Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
· Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
· Understand RIBA stages.
· Understand efficiency/sustainability.
· Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
· IT literate - ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux/Relux, Amtech and 3D Naviswork.
· Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
· Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
· Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
· Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
· Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
· Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
· Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
· Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
If you have the relevant skills and experience then we would love to hear from you today.
Telephone: (Ask for Angela Bailey)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job