Due to increased work load our client is looking to recruit a Electrical Crane Engineer for a immediate start based in Teesside.
Main duties include:
- Cover of planned maintenance and installation and breakdown cover.
- Attend and complete tasks that are allocated weekly via a online work planner
- Maintenance of the hoists covers cleaning and testing all of the components
- Inspecting the associated lifting equipment
- Checking and assessing wear on the components
- Carrying out functional testing on the hoist.
- Calibrate remote / pendant systems, install catenary wires and hard wire the crane to the electrics.
It is essential that candidates have a sound knowledge of LOLER regulations in order for testing purposes.
Generally the cranes are 3 phase so it is crucial that the candidate has experience of this.
The engineer must be 17th edition qualified.
Flexibility is key, as overtime is available but also, jobs can be altered at a moment’s notice in the event of a serious breakdown.
Although the above would be the main aspect of the role, there will be times when the engineer is asked to work as part of our lifting team / given general tasks during quieter times so a can do attitude is important.