Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (EC&I Engineer) to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join them on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
They are the worlds leading manufacturer of wood based panel products. A strong, privately owned low cost producer, employing 14,000 across 40 sites globally, they have a flat organisation structure that focuses on results - driven by ambition!
Key responsibilities of the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- To lead Site EC&I capital project, modification and continuous improvement activities ensuring that these meet or exceed business requirements. This includes direct leadership of projects, contributing C&I elements to multi-disciplinary projects led by others and also co-ordination of other C&I projects through contract engineering resource.
- Site responsibility for the management of all safety related control systems. Ensuring that:-
- A schedule of safety related control systems is generated and maintained.
- For each item a safety related integrity requirement is specified and verified,
- The functional safety description is reviewed for fitness for purpose.
- The proof test procedure is reviewed for fitness for purpose including ‘live testing' and,
- A proof test interval is set for each loop related to the integrity specified.
- Reviews of the results of proof testing are carried out including actions necessary if they fail the test or are not carried out on their scheduled date.
- Ensure task based competencies for personnel engaged in working with safety related control systems are set and jobholders are assessed against them.
- Ensure that all activities carried out by the contractors/service providers used on site, are completed in a Safe and Environmentally acceptable manner. Specifically, as minimum regulatory/statutory requirements will be met or exceeded and full compliance with the site HS&E policy, standards and procedures striven for.
- Understand and maintain an up-to-date awareness of the current and forthcoming HS&E legalisation and their impact on the EC&I improvement activities on site. Provide advice, in conjunction with the Chief Engineer, on electrical regulatory requirements to be fulfilled by the company.
- Ensuring all project and other engineering activities on site of responsibility are completed in full compliance with all statutory regulations and site HS&E and housekeeping standards, policies and procedures.
- To conduct specific tasks/projects as may be required by Chief engineer.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline , with 5yrs+ Experience in EC&I role.
- Knowledge of all engineering aspects of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of site standards and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessment and Management of Change.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory responsibilities, potential enforcement actions and maintains systems for compliance.
Just some of what they are able to offer the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- Very competitive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to technical excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as their Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job