Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer (EC&I Engineer) to join the team based in Chirk, North Wales. The successful candidate will join them on a full time permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
They are the worlds leading manufacturer of wood based panel products. A strong, privately owned low cost producer, employing 14,000 across 40 sites globally, they have a flat organisation structure that focuses on results - driven by ambition!
Key responsibilities of the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- To lead Site EC&I capital project, modification and continuous improvement activities ensuring that these meet or exceed business requirements. This includes direct leadership of projects, contributing C&I elements to multi-disciplinary projects led by others and also co-ordination of other C&I projects through contract engineering resource.
- Site responsibility for the management of all safety related control systems. Ensuring that:-
- A schedule of safety related control systems is generated and maintained.
- For each item a safety related integrity requirement is specified and verified,
- The functional safety description is reviewed for fitness for purpose.
- The proof test procedure is reviewed for fitness for purpose including ‘live testing' and,
- A proof test interval is set for each loop related to the integrity specified.
- Reviews of the results of proof testing are carried out including actions necessary if they fail the test or are not carried out on their scheduled date.
- Ensure task based competencies for personnel engaged in working with safety related control systems are set and jobholders are assessed against them.
- Ensure that all activities carried out by the contractors/service providers used on site, are completed in a Safe and Environmentally acceptable manner. Specifically, as minimum regulatory/statutory requirements will be met or exceeded and full compliance with the site HS&E policy, standards and procedures striven for.
- Understand and maintain an up-to-date awareness of the current and forthcoming HS&E legalisation and their impact on the EC&I improvement activities on site. Provide advice, in conjunction with the Chief Engineer, on electrical regulatory requirements to be fulfilled by the company.
- Ensuring all project and other engineering activities on site of responsibility are completed in full compliance with all statutory regulations and site HS&E and housekeeping standards, policies and procedures.
- To conduct specific tasks/projects as may be required by Chief engineer.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required by the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- Degree educated in an engineering discipline , with 5yrs+ Experience in EC&I role.
- Knowledge of all engineering aspects of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge of site standards and statutory requirements.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessment and Management of Change.
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory responsibilities, potential enforcement actions and maintains systems for compliance.
Just some of what they are able to offer the Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer:
- Very competitive salary
- Exciting and challenging work
- Continued training, support and career development
- The opportunity to work with and learn from, industry leading people who are committed to technical excellence
If you have an enthusiastic can do mentality and a willingness to challenge yourself in order to push your learning and progress your career as their Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer please click ‘Apply’ below.
No Agencies please, if you are an agency please respect their policy of no cold calling.