Dawson Levy Resourcing are very happy to be recruiting an Electrical Controls Engineer to join a key client of ours working with the Water Industry.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will hold a technical role within the company and should set examples of excellent conduct and professionalism. The role within the Technical Group will provide project wide design assistance, technical support and commissioning support to the Project Management team for various aspects of electrical and controls related projects across the business. This will require site / client visits for initial scoping surveys, design information gathering, installation support, testing & commissioning, etc.
This role will require the ability to effectively liaise with internal staff (both senior and junior) and external clients / contractors in a polite, professional and courteous manner, providing electrical / controls technical support requirements for multiple projects company wide. This role is envisaged to be split between an office based / site-based role as required for each individual project.
Typical (non-exhaustive) duties may include: -
- Provide site surveying, estimation, design & commissioning support as required
- Assisting Project Management staff with technical support on electrical / controls works as required
- Producing and developing project-related correspondence, drawings / schematics, design documents, FDS, O&M's, commissioning plans, technical deliverables and documentation
- Undertake / assist with commissioning of electrical / controls related projects as required
- Undertake fault finding and troubleshooting on control systems and electrical infrastructure
- Carry out electrical installation work to BS7671.
- Carry out installation and commissioning of a variety of instrumentation systems, including pressure, level, temperature and flow.
- Some familiarity with PLC's, HMI's, Telemetry & Control Systems
- Ability to fault find in control panels with / without electrical schematics
- Conduct MCC wiring modifications
- Liaison with client / supply chain representatives for information exchange
- Providing regular feedback on design and technical issues / concerns to stakeholders and senior managers
- Advising on the planning and scheduling of relevant resources to meet project goals
- Be capable of carrying out test and inspection of electrical installation and providing satisfactory documentation as required by the Company's nominated certificating body (NICEIC, ECA etc.)
- All engineers should be PC literate and be able to demonstrate a sound background in IT skills.
The Electrical Controls Engineer will also have the following responsibilities: -
- Ensure the safety of employees, it's clients and the general public
- Ensure that all Company Policies & Procedures are adhered to
- Uphold the Company's brand name & reputation and ensure it is not damaged
- Follow the procedures as laid out within the Integrated Management Systems of the company
- Maintain company confidentiality as required
- Ability to organise and manage time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good PC literacy
- Ability to work well with other teams within the company
- Hold relevant electrical / controls qualifications
- Holds 17th Edition Wiring regulations qualification
- Good electrical / controls design capabilities
- Have suitable industrial controls experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'