Electrical Control & Instrumentation Engineers Contractor & Perm roles
We are currently looking to attract a number of Senior Controls Engineers for a variety of projects within Sellafield, AWE, HPC and Nuclear Medicines.
JOB DESCRIPTION – SENIOR EC&I ENGINEER Perm Salary up to £60,000 or Contractors paid at market rates.
Purpose and Role
- The Senior EC&I Engineer will be responsible for the provision of electrical engineering
elements associated with success delivery of machine design and build projects. Working
as part of a project team, you will manage electrical design output of subcontractors, from concept to validation.
Senior Controls Engineer / Engineering Manager
- Principal Engineers / Senior Engineers
- Project Managers
- EC&I sub-contractors
Key Aims & Objectives
- Support project managers to ensure outsourced EC&I design meets requirement.
- Ensure EC&I project scope is satisfied efficiently and effectively.
- Strict adherence to customers specification and standards
- Issuing of design and process documents
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing and outsourcing of EC&I design and build project elements.
- Work alongside design engineers to ensure designs are fit for purpose and identify design
- Peer review of sub-contractor produced drawings and documentation against project
- Help develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients and suppliers,
including the identification, assessment, and integration of new EC&I sub-contractors.
- Project conclusion and integration
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests and projects sign off.
- Attending bid reviews with respect to engineering estimates, including supporting the
production of the technical aspects and estimates for tenders.
- Supporting the scheduling and tasking information to the Lead Engineers and Project
Managers to support project delivery.
Job Description – Senior Controls Engineer
- To assist in general clerical and administrative duties to ensure smooth running of the
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of all phases of a project life cycle, preferably within
a highly regulated industry.
- Strong organisational capabilities
- Able to approach engineering challenges pragmatically and efficiently, working with
mechanical engineers to ensure the integrated design realises the operational
requirements of the specification.
- Excellent communication skills, with confidence in presenting to and justifying designs to
client subject matter experts.
- Able to use 2D drawing package, preferably AutoCAD.
- Awareness of PLC’s
- Working knowledge of principles of electrical safety, such as the 18th Edition and BS EN
- Able to interpret detailed technical specifications.
- Understand and conversant in pertinent standards.
- Technical writing, preferably with experience in obtaining client approval within a highly
- Experience working within highly regulated industry, preferably with experience within
an ISO 9001 environment.
- Good reporting and communication skills to inform the Engineering Leadership Team.
- Must be eligible to obtain SC clearance as a minimum.
- Minimum of a Degree, HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Preferable experience from highly regulated industries
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'