Working as part of and providing support to a multi-disciplined engineering, maintenance, combustion and control team to support manufacturing activities across the Sheffield sites. To maintain and develop site electrical infrastructure, plant and equipment including: Site furnace power supplies, electrical / Electronic and process control systems, advanced metering systems etc. To work within and assist in the development of company policies and procedures including relevant Operational and QA procedures, Health and Safety, Environmental and HR policy and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Control of maintenance & statutory inspections of site HV & LV networks
• Efficient resolution of plant & equipment PLC/CNC control system faults
• Identification of obsolescent plant & equipment control systems across sites, developing and delivering appropriate upgrade / replacement plans
• Improving site energy management and driving electrical energy efficiency projects
• Working as part of a multi – functional engineering team to develop shared skills and competencies with the team.
Skills, Experience and Qualification
• A relevant Electrical Degree qualification
• Experience with HV & LV networks & associated switching
• PLC programming skills – Allan Bradley, Fagor, Siemens etc.
• Knowledge of vacuum induction melting principles would be advantageous
• Evidence of leadership & staff development skills
• Project Management experience
• Problem solving & root cause analysis experience
• Experience if fault diagnosis of PLC/CNC control systems
• Ability to prioritise & plan routine work schedules
Qualities & Attributes
• Excellent awareness and attention to HSE and Quality standards, requirements and processes.
• Good communication skills with the ability to work within a team and share knowledge.
• Demonstrable ability to plan and organise.
• Demonstrates a proactive and motivated attitude.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business