Our client is a contract electronics manufacturer specialising in the assembly of electronic and electro-mechanical products. Jobs are implemented in small-to-medium batches, therefore assemblers can expect to manufacture a variety of products.
The role entails assembling laboratory test equipment from a supplied kit of parts. Various assembly methods will be required, but all necessary tools will be provided for the work to be carried out. Assembly documents including parts lists, schedules and drawings will be provided to assist with the process. Each assembly will be part of customer final product and accuracy and attention to detail and a delicate touch is absolutely essential.
- the assembly of mechanical and electromechanical products using a selection of hand tools: including cutters, electric screwdrivers, crimp tools, heat guns, glue guns ,etc.
- Reporting progress and any workshop issues to the Directors or Workshop Team Leader.
- Maintaining records on the in-house computer system. JEMS.
- Achieving deadlines without any loss of quality and consistent and repeatable accuracy of work - we pride ourselves on very low levels of rework and customer rejects.
- Basic soldering and wiring techniques would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Familiarity with Windows XP and general document formats.
- Ability to understand technical work instructions, written documentation and spoken instructions supplied in English, whether or not English is your first language.
Monday - Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (30 minutes unpaid lunch break)
Staff are allowed to listen to music (only one earpiece - for safety reasons) while working.
Pay for the role is £8.50 per hour - not age dependant.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Possible permanent position following a successful trial period
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job