Market leading Chemical and Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks an experienced Electrical and Instrumentation Manager. This position reports to the Head of Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Acts as the Company Technical Authority.
- Reports to the Head of Engineering
- Overall responsibility for the organisation and operation of the E & I department covering all inspection, maintenance, capital work.
- Overall responsibility for seventeen personnel along with contractors as required.
- Liaison at all levels inside the company. Outside contacts typically include suppliers, contractors and agencies such as the HSE & insurance inspectors.
- Safety, Health & Environmental - To maintain and promote a safe operating culture within the E & I department ensuring that in all its aspects of installation and maintenance it operates to the highest levels of safety and meets all legal and statutory requirements, company rules and procedures.
- Project work - overall responsibility for the design, specification, and installation of all electrical and instrument equipment for new capital, maintenance and upgrading work and controlling expenditure within authorised budgets.
- Maintenance operations - overall responsibility for the provision, operation and development of all maintenance and planned preventative maintenance systems and to advise on the development and training of in-house personnel.
- Should have a good understanding of ATEX, area classification and BS60079 all parts.
- Should have an excellent understanding of functional safety (IEC 61508 & IEC 61511) within a chemical process plant environment in order to act as a Competent Technical Authority with the HSE.
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting candidates for recruitment within the E & I department.
- Authority to stop contract work and to exclude from site.
- Personnel management of the E & I department.
The salary for this position will be in the range of £50,000 per annum. The role works 08:45 - 16:30, Monday - Friday.