Electric Meter Installers - Reading - Permanent - £27,300 (after training) + Bonus Payments + Standby Payments + Emergency Call Out Payments + Van/PPE + Holidays + Pension
Are you looking to become a Dual Fuel Meter Engineer?
The Smart Meter Industry is booming, reaching its peak by 2025. Recent industry figures indicate that 49 million meters will need to be changed, consisting of over 27 million electric and 22 million gas meters. Industry projections show that 11,000 smart meter installers will be needed at the peak of the rollout. If you are a Single Fuel Electric Meter Installer you can expect to receive the best current industry training and mentoring to help you become an experienced Dual Fuel Engineer in the field.
So you're in, what's next?
The opportunities are endless. Our customer has secured contracts with 4 major energy providers in the South of England and are looking to add to their existing workforce of over 350 (and growing!) field based meter installation engineers.
If you are truly passionate about offering a first class customer experience and want career progression, the opportunity to climb the career ladder is there, with opportunities to progress into Senior Meter Technician, Mentoring or Management positions.
Our client believes in investing in its people and to help you reach your earning potential as a Dual Fuel Engineer you will receive:
- Three to nine weeks paid induction and training at a specially designed training academy.
- Continuous mentoring, assessment and supervision
- Any hotel expenses covered
On successful completion of the Induction and Training Programme:
- 42.5 hours per week
- You will work on shift patterns on a rota basis Monday - Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm
- 1 week in 4 on standby (payments are made for each day on standby)
- Minimum 3 fits per day - 4 to achieve bonus
- You will have earning potential of up to £36,000
- A company van & fuel card will be provided
- All PPE and tool kits provided
If you are already electric skilled and looking to upskill to become a Dual Fuel Smart Meter Installer you will need:
- Current MOCOPA accreditation or diploma in Smart Meter Installation (Power)
- Previous experience in electric meter installation
- Hold a valid EUSR card
- Hold a full UK manual driving licence, with a minimum of 2 years driving experience, and no more than 3 penalty points
If you are an electric skilled meter Installer with a minimum of 6 months relevant work experience looking for that "next step" we want to hear from you.
We are also recruiting for Dual Fuel and Single Fuel Gas/Electric Engineers in the following areas:
Bath, Brighton, Chelmsford, Colchester, Dartford, Dorchester, Harrow, Hemel Hempstead, Ilford, Kingston-upon-Thames, London, Peterborough, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Sutton, Swindon, Salisbury, Torquay, Twickenham, Watford.
So if you have the relevant skills and qualifications we are very interested in speaking with you about this opportunity.
To register your interest for these roles, please contact our Smart Metering Team on (Option 4).
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Cordant Group is an Equal Opportunities employment agency, and as such encourage applications from all sections of the community.