Job Title: Single/3phase Meter Engineer
This is a perfect opportunity for an experienced electric only meter engineer or dual fuel engineer looking to move away from the gas side.
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 (Depending on skill set)
Currently looking for 30+ PERMANENT engineers in various locations across England. With the smart meter rollout well under way, its not just domestic properties that require these meters installed. This is a great opportunity to work within the C&I industry. If you are a current Dual Fuel engineer that is looking to get away from the gas side or an experienced electric only engineer, this is the opportunity for you.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* Visit Commercial and Industrial premises to install and maintain metering installations to the appropriate Code of Practice, ensuring they function correctly and provide accurate data.
* Installation and commissioning of DNO Assets
* Assess situations for level of risk in order to anticipate and avoid potential hazards. Check meters, distribution business installations and their surroundings for safety issues and report concerns to appropriate bodies
* Adapt to unforeseen problems and make decisions to get the job done.
* Investigate and diagnose metering faults and resolve with minimal supervision
* Develop technical skills and stay abreast of changes in technology and procedure in order to meet the demands of the smart and competitive metering market.
* Record relevant information and warnings for future reference and report incidents to the appropriate bodies
Knowledge & Skills:
* MOCOPA Authorisation
* Understanding of the code of practices, policies and procedures, including safety requirements, which are relevant to smart metering operations
* Detailed knowledge of Meter Operations and related activities.
* Ability to use appropriate computer based technology and to adapt quickly to any changes in that technology.
* Extensive experience of Electrical Smart Metering Systems and associated equipment with the ability to give advice as appropriate.
* Extensive experience of customer facing roles in a competitive industry, particularly in operational environments with a commercial focus.
Salary - £26k - £28k 40 Hour week
Van, Fuel Card, Tools, Uniform, HHT, Tablet, Mobile will be provided.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job