Electric Controls Engineer
Electronic Controls Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering engine manufacturing business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling the design and development of components and systems? Have you got experience of working in a fast paced R&D / Engineering environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the role for you!
This position offers the opportunity to work on cutting edge engine control system technology, with a diverse range of applications ranging from small construction machinery to agriculture and generator sets.
The role is an entry-level position which will give the successful candidate and excellent opportunity to learn more about the development of advanced diesel engine controls 'on the job' as they support others in the development of the companies next generation engines.
You will be working for the innovation & technology development team which offers some of the most exciting engineering roles within this global organisation. You will work on the integration of electronic and electrical systems within multiple products providing the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines within the organisation. You team develop engine systems control air and fuel delivery with millisecond precision to maximise performance and minimise exhaust emissions. The integrated machine systems control all aspects of construction machine operation (engine, transmission, hydraulic systems), provide the human-machine interface (operator controls and information displays), and constantly monitor and communicate position, operation, diagnostic and prognostic information to enable machine automation, improved productivity and enhanced serviceability.
- Work with colleagues and process partner teams to develop and document requirements for engine controls and software for the IPSD small and medium diesel engines (C1.7 to C7.1)
- Take responsibility for delivering accurate, high quality requirements documentation to the controls / software development process and downstream users of the engine control software.
- Work with colleagues and process partners to create calibration guides to support calibration work on engine control software developed by the team.
- Support the creation of AECD (auxiliary emissions control device) documentation to support successful certification of engines for production.
- Good technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
- Some knowledge / experience of engine control systems and / or the development process for real-time control systems.
- Ability to translate and develop customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
- Ability to document complex technical concepts accurately and concisely.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
Experience in the following would be a great advantage:
- Good understanding of at least some of the technologies used to meet power and emissions requirements in off-highway diesel engines and the techniques used to control them (emissions and combustion, governing, fuel system, air system, aftertreatment thermal management and SCR technologies).
- Experience of control software processes and tools.
- Some familiarity with functional safety requirements.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"