Adecco are currently recruiting for a ELECTORAL SERVICES - CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR to work for Local Authority in WANDSWORTH.
ELECTORAL SERVICES - CUSTOMER SERVICE ADVISOR
FULL TIME - 36 HOURS PER WEEK
TEMPORARY ROLE - 5 WEEKS (POSSIBLE EXTENSION AS WELL AS OTHER ROLE OPPORTUNITIES)
£11.69 PER HOUR
FULL TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED
The role of Customer Service Adviser performs a crucial front-line function by ensuring customers have access to a high level of service whilst resolving both external and internal Customer enquires across all contact channels. This includes inbound calls, face to face enquiries and emails, of which the highest volume is telephone calls.
- Deliver an excellent customer experience by providing advice and, wherever possible, resolution at the first point of contact. This includes all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, letter, email, web, web chat and SMS
- In addition to provide a high quality & comprehensive information service, ensuring a consistently high level of response for customers which meets both external & internal customer needs for any Council Service.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling customer enquiries received by all customer access channels including telephone, face to face, letter, email, website, SMS or other correspondence within agreed enquiry handling time, productivity targets and to agreed customer service and Council standards.
- To efficiently and effectively resolve customer enquiries at first point of contact for multiple different council services across both Richmond and Wandsworth boroughs, including Council Tax, Benefits, Planning, Parking, Highways, Elections, Trees, Parks and Waste.
- To ensure a positive image to customers and other individuals and organisations and promote the service by whatever means are appropriate and available.
- To professionally deal with any frustrated, angry and abusive customers, providing a resolution to their enquiry and avoiding potential complaints.
- To resolve enquires where possible at first point of contact, following the agreed trained process.
- To actively encourage customers to use the most efficient method to gain access to and information about council services.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all services and systems used in Customer Services to assist customers and resolve their enquiries.
- To maintain accurate records and information relating to the provision of customer services.
- To complete any administrative tasks relating to Customer services, including dispatch of leaflets and application forms, as well as responding to online requests, written correspondence and emails.
- To implement policies and procedures necessary to meet customer care needs and reflect the Councils' visions and core values.
- To advise and support managers on relevant matters, including potential problems and complaints affecting the service.
- To contribute to identifying and implementing customer service improvements.
- To undertake and assist with any training/development activities as directed.
- To ensure that the services for both Councils are dealt with on an equitable basis to deliver the standards required for each, as agreed annually by the Executives of both Councils.
- To contribute as required to change programmes within the service.
- To contribute as required to performance reviews and improvement measures on an ongoing basis. Helping to ensure that customer focus is embedded within the service and innovative and creative solutions are evaluated to securing the highest quality and value for money.
- To support ways of working that ensure residents and stakeholders are actively engaged in the future functioning of the service and are able to influence decision making.
- Partake in initiatives delivering customer service at external locations and other sites when required.
- Represent the Council in a positive manner, identifying special requirements and adaptations when required to ensure customers have equal access to all services.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Call Centre
- Customer Service
- Electoral Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'