We are currently recruiting for a Multi-skilled engineer with Mechanical Bias for our client, an international confectionery company in Lancashire. The main purpose of the Multi-skilled engineer is to provide an engineering service - including the maintenance of the plant and machinery.
• Support the engineering management team by attending site meetings - suggesting any ideas or solutions to prevent poor performance of the machinery.
• Attend breakdowns, identify parts required or any improvements needing to be made and ensure all repairs are completed to a high standard.
• Alter plant and equipment to improve performance.
• Carry out fault finding analysis and diagnosis to improve reliability, downtime and quality.
The ideal Multi-skilled engineer will be/have:
• An engineering qualification (eg. apprenticeship / HNC / degree).
• At least 2 years experience in a food manufacturing environment
• Experience of working in a FMCG environment.
• Appropriate knowledge of HACCP and COSHH.
• Understands own responsibilities to treat others fairly and equally.
• Able to work independently, or as part of a team.
• Good problem solving skills.
• An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
• An understanding of pneumatics and hydraulics.
• Excellent Communication skills.
• Good practical and technical skills.
• The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
• An understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
In return you will be/have:
• 25 days holiday plus 8 day bank holidays.
• A pension scheme
• Potential overtime
• And most importantly... Staff sweet shop!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job