Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (EHS Specialist) - based in Tredegar
Our client is a leading international pharmaceutical company, with a presence in both the USA and Europe. A full end to end, integrated service provider, they are a trusted partner to the global healthcare industry. Due to continued growth and current European expansion plans, they now have an opportunity for an EHS Specialist to join their existing team in their manufacturing site in South Wales.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing site processes and procedures with emphasis on health, safety and environmental management legislative regulatory and business requirements. In this role, you will work with all departments and operations personnel ensuring business and regulatory compliance to all aspects of EHS.
EHS Specialist - Key Responsibilities
- Install and foster proactive EHS-conscious culture and drive operational ownership of the companies Environment, Health & Safety programs through all levels of the organisation
- Organise and lead internal meetings / groups, and provide clear and concise communication at all levels
- Project Management - managing specific products if within post holders capabilities
- Develop and implement EHS programs to comply with the companies EHS requirements and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate EHS classroom training preparation and delivery and maintain the site's EHS Training Tracker database in conjunction with L & D
- Ensure that internal audits are planned and conducted at appropriate intervals, and all corrective actions are implemented to agreed timescales
- Co-ordinate EHS activities on a site wide basis, ensuring individual departmental managers are aware of their roles and responsibilities in relation to EHS issues
- Evaluate site EHS risks and challenges and develop appropriate risk reduction strategies, including Risk Assessments, etc.
- Perform EHS audits / inspections and ensure appropriate corrective actions are developed and implemented on a timely basis
- Monitor and drive completion of site compliance tasks
- Management information including action updates, reports, audit reports and minutes of meetings
EHS Specialist - Essential Experience & Desirable Skills
- A Scientific Degree is essential
- A NEBOSH Diploma would certainly be a distinct advantage in this role
- Being an IOSH and IEMA member
- A strong understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- Understanding of OEL calculation and implementation - desirable
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry at a senior level
- Experienced in writing key policies, procedures and handbooks
- Delivery of face to face training
- Strong leadership and time management skills
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Salary - £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + benefits
Benefits Include - 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Profit Share Scheme, 4 x Death in Service Benefit, Cycle to work scheme, Free Parking, plus more….
Hours of work - 8.30am - 4.30pm - Monday to Friday.
Please apply for this role if you have experience in or as - Health and Safety - Environmental Health and Safety - EHS - NEBOSH - Scientific
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to get back to every candidate individually. Unfortunately, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, then on this occasion you may have been unsuccessful. We will however keep your details on file for future roles and other opportunities.
- Health & Safety Legislation