Our global pharmaceutical client based in Milton Keynes is recruiting an experienced EHS Specialist on a 12 month contract to start January 2018. Candidates must have a Grad IOSH NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ 5 DipRSA qualification and also have experience of working within the chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Primary Location: UK: Milton Keynes - the position will also require occasional travel to sites in Berkshire, Middlesex and Cambridgeshire. A Driving license is essential. The hourly rate for this assignment is £30.00 - £40.00 per hour depending on contract type.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance in order to develop, implement, maintain and improve continuously the Environmental, Safety and Health Management System, in order to guarantee full compliance with: legal requirements related to Environmental, Safety and Health; company's corporate standards, policies, procedures and guidelines related to EHS and industry best practices.
- Provision of advice to management regarding present and future concerns.
- Essentially self-directed, the position holder should be able to generate their own workloads and priorities.
- Good team working and communication skills are essential.
- Plan, develop and implement EHS programs in order to assure continuous compliance with local legislation, company's standards and industry best practices.
- Support Sites' EHS Teams to maintain and improve their local EHS programs, through each site Operations team or directly. Assist Operational departments in achieving and maintaining compliance.
- Prepare required reports to site, divisional and/or corporate management and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as interface with governmental EHS agencies and insurance carriers.
- Evaluate, with the Engineering Department, the requirements related to EHS applicable for new projects and processes as well as changes in the existing processes and installation.
- Develop and implement projects related to EHS.
- Specifically to advise and support operational teams with compliance to the COSHH and Manual Handling regulations
- Grad IOSH NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ 5 DipRSA EHS experience in Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience on supporting multiple activities/projects and on working with EHS regulatory agencies and Corporate support functions.
- Experience of occupational exposure monitoring and limits and noise hazard assessment desirable.
- Good communicator with managers and employees and training development and presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-directed, technically strong individual who can work in a multi-functionary team environment.
- Driving Licence is essential