Job Location: Birmingham (West Midlands)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Exceptional salary and benefits package
Hours: 38.75 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with an earlier finish on a Friday
A Global Manufacturer within the Oil & Gas Industry is currently recruiting for a Environmental, Health & Safety Manager on a permanent basis to work at their production facility in Birmingham.
This company has two Manufacturing sites within the UK, one in Birmingham which you will be based and another larger facility on the south coast which you will be required to visit to oversee the HSE officer who is based there.
The purpose of this role is to lead and oversee all activities to support the business in the maintaining and promoting Health, Safety & Environmental throughout the business. You will provide expertise in all Health, Safety and Environmental programmes and have the responsibility for applying these guidelines and processes, whilst ensuring compliance with Government safety regulations and industry standards.
Key responsibilities will be to:
Provide professional guidance and support to the HSE Officer and the broader business on all the following key responsibilities:
- Oversees the Health, Safety and Environment across the business, managing environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for the facility
- Oversees the development, planning and implementation of environmental, health and safety policies
- Collaborates with HSE Officer to ensure both sites and other business units fully implement the Health, safety and environment policies and practices
- Advises HSE Officer on all statutory authorities and suppliers on Health Safety and environmental matters
- Oversees hazardous waste and monitors waste handling to ensure compliance with regulations
- Supports the development and implementation of HSE training programmes for all employees
- Oversee the development of safety procedures (e.g. Hazardous waste disposal, chemical handling, injury prevention) used by staff
The successful applicant should possess the following skills / experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Certificate / Diploma
- Auditor qualification (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001 qualification)
- Environmental qualification (i.e. ISO14001 / iEMA Foundation certificate or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience to include delegating responsibility, training and evaluating performance
- Decision making skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather, research and analyse data, compile information, prepare reports and present findings as required.
- Ability to research and analyse data effectively.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
In return you will be offered and excellent starting salary with a hoist of company benefits that include:
- 33 days annual holiday
- Enhanced company pension
- Health & Life assurance
- Annual company bonus
- Personal & professional qualifications / development opportunities
- Company Shares
This really is a great opportunity to join a world leading company who champion Health & Safety
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter by email or call the office.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Keywords: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, West Midlands, Midlands, London, Poole, Bournemouth, Yeovil, Sherborne, Health & Safety; NEBOSH; HSE; EHS; Health, Safety & Environment; Health, Safety & Environmental
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"