Job Title: EHS Manager Retail and Head Office
The purpose of this role is to support the Group Head of EHS in the effective management of all aspects of Health, Safety & Environmental systems and processes at Holland and Barrett's Head Office and across the Retail Estate in order to deliver consistent, continuously improving and sustainable EHS program across the Retail Estate and Head Office.
Working closely with the Group Head of EHS to implement effective management systems for Food Safety, Fire, Health and Safety, which reduce the associated risks.
Lead the cultural / behavioral health and safety step change program on in Head Office and in stores by working closely with Retail Field Mangers and colleagues, providing appropriate training to support.
Ensuring the Head Office is capable of delivering its quarterly health, safety, and environmental plans to achieve continual improvement.
Co-ordinate the investigation of any accidents or incidents effecting people / environment / property or process. This includes liaising with any enforcement authorities, as a senior Accident Investigator. Drive improvement program following any incidents.
Key deliverables will include delivering EHS performance through continuous improvement and assurance of effective management systems, strategic initiatives, cultural development and leadership
· To implement the Holland and Barrett EHS Strategy at Head Office.
· To ensure compliance to all legal and Company standards, reviewing and reporting performance.
· To develop a positive EHS culture in Head Office and across the Retail Estate, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills and knowledge.
· To manage site audits and enforcement authority visits, to ensure successful compliance and close out of corrective actions.
· Lead and develop EH&S competence at all levels and in all departments, e.g. through Champions and Duty Holders.
· To identify and spread good practice across the Retail Estate and Head Office to ensure a consistent approach is achieved.
· To lead any serious accident or incident investigation, representing the site with the enforcement authorities where appropriate.
· Delivery of DSE Risk Assessments for Head Office colleagues
· To manage the Team of Auditors and Head Office support colleagues
· To manage the team of Fire Marshalls in Head Office
· To manage the team of First Aiders in Head Office
· Prepare and submit reports and statistics as required pertaining to the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems and be able to interpret the data to drive relevant actions
· Undertake other projects as required
· The role is based in Head Office in Nuneaton, however it will require frequent travel across the UK and ROI
- A team player with experience at management level, with well-developed communication skills, able to present written and verbal reports that are understood by the target audience.
- People management skills are essential
- Able to influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach
- Able to work in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner, under own initiative, in a changing environment.
- Demonstrates good coaching, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to motivate others to deliver results.
- Demonstrates excellent planning and organising skills with ability to priorities to achieve target deadlines
- Recognised safety qualification minimum NEBOSH General Certificate
- Food Safety qualifications advantageous but not essential
- Ability to conduct work related Risk Assessments, dynamic risk assessments
- DSE Risk Assessor qualified
- A passion in Health, Safety and Environmental management
- Knowledge of Safety and Environmental management systems
- Commercial awareness and practical outlook
- Experience in Retail is essential
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'