The Educator will form a key part of the Diabetes Prevention Programme Team.
Fundamental to this role is experience in coaching and facilitation and an ability to support participants to achieve improved health outcomes.
The Educator will be responsible for:
- Delivering brief one-to-one basic health assessments, including recording weight
- Delivering group-based education sessions for a minimum of 60 minutes to a maximum of 15 participants
- Empowering participants to change their lifestyle behaviours; supporting them to lose weight, improve their diet and increase levels of physical activity
- Managing participants feedback and experience of the NDPP Local marketing and promotion of NDPP as appropriate
- Booking and scheduling suitable venues
Educators will be required to work effectively with their Manager to ensure the successful delivery of the NDPP to expected outcomes. They will support the programme with promotion of the service locally and GP engagement.
Educators must be able to travel and work across different areas and be flexible in their working patterns to facilitate out of hours delivery, delivering sessions during evenings and weekends as required and are required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
- To deliver the NDPP curriculum to participants in an area, ensuring participants achieve the right learning outcomes and have a positive experience
- Facilitating group sessions effectively and ensuring the required number of sessions are delivered each month
- To work as part of a team to effectively deliver NDPP sessions according to the curriculum using the appropriate resources
- To manage group dynamics within each session and support collaborative working of participants
- To participate in peer to peer personal development and reflection by giving and receiving feedback on performance as an Educator
- Identify signposting opportunities to other services across the contract area as required
- Work with other local prevention services and community services to inform them of the NDPP, acting as an outreach point for the NDPP service on a local management level