Where will I be working?
Within a central Oxford based organisation, working within a niche and interesting sector with an academic slant and an international setting. A warm, supportive working culture awaits within lovely offices.
What will I be doing?
This role supports the Education Partnerships team, which is responsible for all aspects of partnerships and lifelong learning.
This role has particular responsibility for:
- Providing key administrative support to the Education team in a timely, effective and efficient manner to support the smooth running of the function
- Providing key administrative support, where appropriate, for all relevant meetings.
- Providing administrative support to the Education Actuaries
- Ensuring that the values of the organisation are implemented in the fulfilment of their role
This post holder will provide full administrative support to a team of 9 individuals, some of whom are designated 'homeworkers’. This involves engaging across a range of seniorities and specialisms. Working to tight deadlines and a fast moving business focused environment, this individual will be key to the smooth running of the team. The individual will need to show tact and diplomacy and be comfortable working in a multi-site team, with an international dimension. The individual will need to be confident working with a range of stakeholders
The person will be responsible for the following:
- Providing administrative support to the team by organising internal and external meetings including booking meeting rooms, organising conference calls, advising attendees and other associated administration/hospitality
- Providing dedicated support to the team including their travel, expenses, hospitality and subsistence and monitoring their calendars
- To arrange and manage travel and monitor diaries
- To support team meetings, preparing the agendas in advance and take accurate minutes that reflect the discussions held and any actions prior to the next meeting
- To support the manager with colleagues in HR to ensure that all recruitment, induction and resignation policies are implemented in a consistent manner.
- To set up induction meetings, ensure that IT and office space is available and any leavers are removed from appropriate distribution lists as well as supporting training and development sessions
- To support the functioning of the team by collating and maintaining key documents relating to meetings and contracts.
What skills and experiences are required?
The job holder must be able to demonstrate:
- Work on own initiative to undertake a variety of tasks
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external enquiries
- Initiate action where appropriate and refer only as necessary to senior managers
- Make judgements on the urgency of issues in absence of appropriate staff
- Set up meetings, co-ordinating availability of attendees, deciding on dates, locations and catering as necessary.
- Inform attendees and send out any relevant papers.
- Coordinate travel and hotel accommodation as required
- Manage claims for expenses and subsistence
- tact, diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, patience and the ability to interact and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders is essential
- Undertaking a variety of work, from day to day short term administrative tasks such as dealing with queries and drafting correspondence to longer term tasks including liaising with project teams
- Has to be prepared to be flexible and adaptable in order to ensure that the priorities of the team can be met.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and a thorough knowledge of relevant databases
- Strong communication skills with good interpersonal skills
- Able to recognise sensitive and/or confidential information and handle appropriately
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work on own initiative within minimal supervision
- Adaptable and able to work in a demanding fast paced environment
- Ability to multi task
- A strong commitment to the organisations ethical values
- Working in a similar environment
- Experience of working with volunteers
What else do I need to know?
This role is central Oxford based and does NOT offer parking on site.
There is likely to be occasional out of hours working resulting from peaks in work activity to meet cyclical deadlines.
This role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis and excellent benefits are offered alongside a competitive salary.
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.
- Diary Management
- General Admin
- International Travel
- Meeting Planning