Educational Psychologist (3/4 days per week)
My client are a SE London local government office who are recruiting an experienced Educational Psychologist to work 3-4 days per week paying up to £500 per day.
Main Purpose of the job:
• To work as a member of the the clients Educational Psychology Team to raise the educational attainment of all children
• To provide a psychological service to children, families, schools and other institutions in the borough.
• To carry delegated responsibilities on behalf of the Principal EP as the need arises
• Have direct responsibility for visiting, on a regular basis, a group of schools to advise on the psychological needs of individual children and their families in order to help overcome developmental, emotional and learning difficulties. Present clear written information when necessary.
• To offer a consultative service to the schools about systemic issues relating to groups of children
• Work with young people post 16 and their families.
• Advise the Local Education Authority on the special educational needs of children and young people according to the requirements of the 1996 Education Act and the Code of Practice.
• Contribute to Educational Psychology Team development and training.
• Attend EP Development days, in house CPD and team meetings.
• Contribute to research initiatives with a view to advising the LA on a range of issues.
• Keep up to date with current and impending legislation and take account of its likely effect on professional practice.
• Work when appropriate at weekends and evenings.
• When necessary and with supervision from the Principal Educational Psychologist prepare written documentation at the request of the court.
• Report to the Principal Educational Psychologist on a regular basis in relation to professional issues and to monitor own further training needs.
• All employees are required to participate in the Employee Performance Evaluation Scheme and to undertake appropriate training and development identified to enhance their work performance.
• Carry out the duties of the post with due regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and Core Values.
• Maintain contacts with staff in own and other departments particularly head teachers, teachers, general advisers and advisory teachers, attendance & welfare officers and social workers.
• Maintain contact with appropriate officers in the Health Authority, with parent, community and other voluntary groups, with the equivalent officers in other Locals Education Authorities and other external agencies as necessary.
If you are an experienced Educational Psychologist looking for a shorter working week then do not hesitate to submit your CV over to be considered for this ongoing temporary booking.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job