Location: Cambridge, GB
Category: Administration and Customer Services
Job Title: Education Services Support Officer
Contract: Permanent, Full time.
What it’s about
We are recruiting an Education Services Support Officers. The role will be within the Education Services department, part of the Education Division of Cambridge Assessment International Education.
The Education Services department works with ministries and national education bodies around the world. We engage with governments to deliver educational reform projects which support countries in raising their educational standards. In some countries we provide their national secondary school qualifications, or support the development of localised syllabuses and assessment systems.
This is a real opportunity for a highly organised and flexible individual with excellent interpersonal, administrative and written business communication skills, keen to work in an international context.
What you’ll be doing
The purpose of this role is to provide key administrative support underpinning the delivery of international projects and the management of contracts.
- Provide support to project/contract teams as required. This includes, but is not limited to, maintenance and control of documents and liaison with internal staff at all levels to proactively follow up on actions and chase deliverables.
- Provide administrative support for meetings, teleconferences, workshops and other activities as required. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling calendars, distributing papers and minute-taking.
- Commission and pay consultants: including issue of task and travel information and related documents, and ensuring all internal processes are followed effectively.
- Co-ordination of complex venue and travel arrangements including managing risk assessments, flights, visas, and transfers.
- Arrange and support client visits and events. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling calendars, arranging travel and venues, distributing papers and minute-taking.
- Provide cover for and assist the other support officers as required to ensure tasks are completed on a timely basis across the team.
What we’re looking for
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grades C or above, including English and Maths
- A levels (or equivalent) desirable
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time effectively and to prioritise.
- Highly IT literate in all standard Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills - written and verbal.
- Ability to deliver to challenging deadlines and exacting requirements.
- Proactive, positive approach to problem solving.
- Experience of minute taking an advantage.
- Experience and proven ability in administration and working in complex office environments.
- Experience of working as part of a team and also maintaining personal responsibility for tasks.
- Experience of managing expectations of more senior and/or expert personnel in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Experience of working with different nationalities and cultures.
- Experience of environments where English is not the main medium of communication desirable.
- Experience of delivering high quality customer service.
- Awareness of the global education sector desirable.
- Proactive with an ability to use own initiative.
- Professional attitude and approach.
- Diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Flexible and willing to embrace regular changes in working practice and pattern.
- Polite, respectful and willing to help.
- Positive and enthusiastic.
- Reliable, responsible and conscientious.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners’ potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 18 March 2018 and interviews will be held on 28 March 2018.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job