Our local authority client has a 12-month contract vacancy (with the possibility of extension) for the role of an EDUCATION SAFEGUARDING SERVICE MANAGER, details as follows
- Encourage effective safeguarding practice across schools/education settings by promoting and championing that advocated by the DfE and the Local Safeguarding Children Partnership and in identifying and responding to practice that falls below such agreed standards and policies.
- To have an overview of the needs of Vulnerable Groups in relation to school attendance, oversee the work of school-based reviews of safeguarding, delivery of section 175 audits, and coordinating responses to parental and Ofsted complaints.
- Manage a team of officers of both traded and statutory services in relation to attendance and child employment and entertainment licensing, who will ensure delivery of the local authority's statutory duties in regard to education safeguarding and contribute proactively to wider plans and strategies which promote school attendance and pupil wellbeing across the district.
- To act as a source of support, advice and expertise to staff on matters of safeguarding and facilitating communication between Children's Social Care and schools to improve the effectiveness of safeguarding practice.
- Research, develop and arrange the delivery of training packages aimed at relevant staff in order for all school staff and governing bodies to be clear about their safeguarding roles and responsibilities, have a clear knowledge appropriate to their function about safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, ultimately developing effective safeguarding practice.
- Make all necessary arrangements to ensure that serious case review recommendations, pertinent to the work of staff employed in Education and Learning, or any educational setting, are implemented.
- Broker and commission work and resources, where needed, to increase both the LA/education settings capacity for improvement and evaluate its impact.
- Maintain links with regional counterparts to maintain professional development and awareness of emerging issues.
- To produce reports, data etc. as and when required for the Education Safeguarding Team and the organisation.
- To provide advice to the service and to schools in relation to complex cases, and seek advice when needed.
- Responsible for effective use of legal processes and procedures in relation to pupil attendance and prosecution.
- Degree and Teaching or Social Work qualification.
- Post graduate training and development, particularly in relation to safeguarding and child protection, and a personal commitment to continuing professional development.
- The applicant is required to provide evidence of having previously spoken fluently to members of the public in order to meet the Advanced Threshold standard outlined under Special Knowledge above.
- 5 years' experience within a senior school-based role or significant experience of operating at a senior level within child protection, children's social care, or safeguarding young people.
- Experience of the Early Help process and how to deploy services and support effectively.
- Knowledge of current developments in the educational system and the implications for schools and relevant local authority support services.
- Experience of managing budgets and line-managing a team.
- Experience of working in multi-agency and multi-disciplinary environments.
- Carries out the working practices, procedures and basic operations across the specialist education safeguarding area.
- Uses specialist knowledge of relevant legislation, guidance, procedures and regulations, including risk in own area and/or across other areas of work to carry out the statutory responsibilities of the service.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of safeguarding/child protection procedures, developments and legislation.
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications to fulfill this role, please submit your CV ASAP.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'