EDUCATION SAFEGUARDING OFFICER
(We will consider either full-time or term-time only applicants)
Based at Milford House, Exeter, Devon
AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR SUCCESSFUL TEAM
Babcock LDP in Devon is seeking to appoint an Education Safeguarding Officer to join our well regarded team.
Babcock LDP delivers a wide range of inclusion and school improvement services who work collaboratively in order to improve outcomes for all children and young people.
The Safeguarding Team is commissioned to deliver local authority safeguarding responsibilities but also delivers a growing traded service to schools and Multi-Academy Trusts, both within and outside Devon. The work of the team is highly rated due to the provision of good quality training, safeguarding reviews, advice, support and guidance.
Interested applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- A passion and vision for safeguarding children and an in-depth knowledge of child protection practice and procedures
- An ability to deliver training to Head Teachers, Designated Safeguarding Leads and other staff groups
- A commitment to delivering a high quality service to all our customers groups by staff who have regular access to CPD and specialist development opportunities.
- Creative thinking skills in order to help shape and develop a traded offer of an effective which is responsive to the rapidly changing educational landscape
- An ability to work in close partnership with colleagues from school improvement teams with a focus on safeguarding children and protecting the most vulnerable
- Understanding and experience of business processes essential to the maintenance and growth of a traded service
- A desire to work as part of a team of talented and committed practitioners
The closing date for applications is 06/04/2018
The interviews will be held during April 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
If this is a role you feel is right for you please apply on this website or visit the Babcock website to apply directly.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job