Education Office Manager
The role will include a variety of responsibilities and duties to include;
- Full line management responsibility of the administration team
- Take responsibility for tasks and decisions from the Executive Headteacher and manage and solve problems.
- Undertake a public relations role both within and outside the organisation.
- Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow.
- Organise and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information, research and retrieve relevant information required for tasks.
- Attend meetings, document actions arising from meetings attended. Prepare, take, type and circulate minutes and record information and action points.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and liaison with other departments e.g. Exams; Catering; Facilities etc., and external suppliers.
- Ensure information is made available as appropriate, on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) including collation of quotes and contracts.
- Manage the payroll process and liaise with payroll provider and HR to ensure procedures followed for recording staff absence, temporary or permanent variations to pay and seeking appropriate authorisation from Executive Headteacher for all pay adjustments.
- Produce letters and other HR documentation as appropriate.
- Oversee and coordinate the recruitment processes and on-boarding of new employees.
- Management of petty cash including ensuring cash is safely maintained, reconciled and recorded appropriately.
- Use the school finance system in accordance with the Financial Regulations to place routine purchase orders, reconcile delivery, code and seek approval for payment of invoice for submission to Head of Finance.
- Keep, record and use appropriately the school credit card or travel cards for business purposes in line with Financial Regulations.
- Maintain the Parentpay system.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of computerised databases (SIMS), creating and updating records and producing reports as required.
- Day-to-day liaison with facilities.
- Overview and manage visitors and book meeting spaces where relevant.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of safeguarding processes.
- Cover receptionist/administrator absence and annual leave.
- Input, manage and maintain the curriculum timetable and absence cover systems
- Work with the School Secretary to ensure full support service across the school.
This role require someone who has previous experience of working within a similar field and a valid DBS.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job