35 hours per week over five days including Saturdays
Salary to be discussed at interview
Kumon is Europe and Africa’s largest supplementary education provider, discovering children’s potential and maximising their abilities. Kumon offers maths and English study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Established over 50 years ago in Japan, the Kumon programmes have helped children across the globe to develop the ability to learn for themselves and excel academically. There are currently over 125,000 students studying at more than 1,000 franchised study centres in twenty countries across Europe and Africa.
Associates at Kumon share a passion for education, and the desire to help children achieve their full potential. The work you do, no matter what your role, will make a real difference to developing students' abilities and will help you to achieve your full potential too.
We have a very exciting opportunity for an Education Centre Manager to run one of our flagship Kumon centres. The Kumon Sale Study Centre has over 200 subjects and is an essential centre for the Manchester region. This centre supports the training and development of new Kumon Associates and Instructors throughout the region.
Working towards agreed targets, this exciting role involves the instruction of its students and the growth and development of the centre on a commercial scale.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivering high-quality Kumon instruction at the centre (approximately 40% of your time will be in the centre instructing the students with your team).
- Maintaining and developing the centre’s reputation as a key education provider within the local community.
- Conducting parent information sessions.
- Managing a team of employees.
- Supporting the recruitment and training of Associates and Instructors.
- Running and supporting Voluntary Study Groups with Associates and Instructors.
- Promoting, marketing and developing the Kumon brand within the area
- Managing the budget for the centre, recording both expenditure and income to ensure the centre is financially viable.
For this role we are looking for someone who is passionate about education, with high academic maths and English ability, and an excellent communicator. The successful candidate ideally should be someone, who has experience of managing a budget and managing people. They must also have the drive, creativity, tenacity and the ambition to make a positive difference to our students and thereby making this centre a real success.
This role requires a well organised person with the ability to work under pressure. This is not a 9am to 5pm role and therefore flexibility to work outside of these hours and at weekends is essential. All candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a B or above in their maths and English GCSEs.
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial telephone or face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid.
- The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job