Working in our School Tours Department, the postholder will be responsible for putting together study tours for UK based student groups. A key part of the role is to increase new business and manage existing accounts. Much of your work will involve liaising with UK school and college academic staff; UK and European accommodation suppliers; flight, rail and coach operators, visitor attractions and overseas agents.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage your own portfolio of key accounts, ensuring all client requests are responded to effectively and making sure enquiries, quotations and bookings are administrated in line with company procedures.
* Work with the Tours General Manager and Director to achieve customer and company targets and KPIs
* Liaise closely with lecturers and other clients to tailor an educational travel package to meet client needs, carrying out research as necessary
* Deal with clients via telephone, email and letter promptly and professionally
* Calculate and provide accurate quotations, ensuring that documentation is sent promptly
* Work closely with suppliers and the Operations Dept regarding transport, accommodation and visits to ensure programmes run smoothly
* Undergo training as necessary to maintain product knowledge and comply with Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Gain a full understanding of the other roles, responsibilities and duties within all departments relevant to student tours
* Actively participate in the weekly quality control meetings and other departmental meetings
* Make familiarisation visits in the UK and abroad as directed
* Manage the out of hour's phone service on a rota basis
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK
* Experience of working in a fast-paced sales environment
* Track record of exceeding sales targets
* Experience of working with overseas clients
* Comprehensive knowledge of European cities
* Experience of dealing with airlines, hotels and coach suppliers
* Experience of working in the travel industry
* Experience of working in group travel
Skills and personal attributes
* Goal driven with the desire to exceed targets
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* A good eye for detail with the ability to work quickly and accurately
* Good time management skills; able to meet deadlines consistently
* Able to work flexibly and respond positively to new challenges
* Strong team working skills
* Ability to think innovatively to resolve work issues and generate business
* A strong customer focus and the ability to build highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders
* A positive, 'can do' approach to work
* Good IT skills
* High standard of literacy and numeracy
* Ability to communicate in a 2nd major European language
Package - A great salary of £25,000 plus a performance bonus and many great company benefits.
Contact myself Marie Heaven on or email your CV to
You can also click the link below to apply.
- account manager
- sales manager
- school travel
- education travel
- educational travel
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'