Job Title: Education Account Manager
Salary: £58,000 - £65,000
What it’s about
We are looking for a Education Account Manager to lead a team working with clients from the South East Asia region. This role and the team are based in our head office in Cambridge where our delivery teams are based. You will have strategic oversight of, and responsibility for, all Cambridge International contract work with Ministries of Education, Examinations Authorities and other non-governmental national education organisations in the region.
Your role includes the direct contract management of a significant multi-million pound account and requires the ability to develop excellent relationships with our clients as well as ensuring that we deliver a great service to the highest technical standards. You will influence people at all levels of the organisation as you manage the overall service provided, provide strategic guidance and manage the financial aspects of the portfolio. You will also work with our business development team to nurture new opportunities and transition new clients into the delivery teams.
What you’ll be doing
The principle accountabilities for the Education Account Manager are:
- Overseeing the delivery of all contracts in the region with a consistent good practice approach. Leading on assessment, negotiation and planning of future deliverables and services. Ensuring contract managers are operating to the highest technical standards, providing excellent service to clients and mitigating business risk. Providing functional leadership of regionally based staff managing or supporting the implementation of agreed services. Includes direct contract management of our largest client SEAB, Singapore and associated stakeholders (e.g. MoE)
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the Education Services’ regional strategy for contracted educational work in the assigned geographies, giving high level advice and support to Cambridge International clients including developing relationships with ministries, statutory bodies and other agencies.
- Supporting the development of new business opportunities in the assigned geographies working with the business development team. Managing the negotiation of written contracts and contract variations for clients in assigned geographies that meet both Cambridge International and client needs. Managing the process of contract renewal with clients.
- Owning financial budgets and forecasts for clients in assigned geographies including, where applicable, i) the initiation and on-going management of the budget, ii) the calculation of discounts and top-ups, iii) forecast examination income from clients and iv) providing specific arguments to support the year-on-year pricing of relevant products and services and gaining client agreement.
- Providing intelligence from the region on the impact and implications for Cambridge International of regional developments and changes in national educational policy to inform future strategy.
- As a member of the department management team, taking responsibility for departmental improvement initiatives, liaising with other Heads of Region to ensure a consistent best practice approach and supporting the development of the team structure as the business grows.
What we’re looking for
You will have a proven and successful background in working with ministries of education and other educational organisations. In addition to the ability to communicate and negotiate with senior stakeholders internally and externally, you will have experience of providing strategic direction and of managing the delivery of services to the highest technical standards.
You will have a passion for education and a natural leadership style that promotes empowerment and collaboration. You will be able to communicate effectively, build rapport with clients and have the ability to make things happen.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Leadership of change and improvement
- Problem solving and business analysis
- Strategic vision with attention to detail
- Financial understanding and acumen
- Legal understanding and acumen
- Communication and negotiation
- Working with and through others
- Team management
- Contract/Account management experience
- Programme management of complex and high value contracts in an international environment.
- Change management
- Experience of working in education
- International assessment
- Financial management
- Open, consultative, persuasive
- Culturally aware
- Builds trust and engagement
- Works independently, plans and monitors work and hits deadlines
- Varies pace of work to suit need
- Keeps line manager and senior management informed on progress
- Attention to detail
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment International Examinations is part of Cambridge Assessment, a not-for-profit organisation and a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. Our Education Services department focuses on providing sustainable solutions to help ministries and national education organisations improve their education systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'