- Design appropriate routing and packaging of vehicle wire harnesses and associated components, within the limitations of customer SDS and company design and manufacturing requirements
- Work alongside the Project Engineer to ensure the design of the wire harness, reporting to the Engineering Project Lead
- Design and package EDS, Wire Harnesses and associated components to required electrical modelling standard
- Design using DFMEA principles to ensure robust design
- Support virtual build events and packaging activities to ensure the harness meets cost and weight targets while ensuring design robustness
- Manage and resolve engineering issues on harness in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate translation of design into 2D print
- Preparing Engineering Change proposals
- Take Responsibility to ensure harness design meets customer design requirements: design manual, Electrical & Electronic Distribution System (EEDS) guidelines, SDS
- Deliver a cost and weight efficient design for allocated harness
- AIMS, ECR’s & Release process
- Quality tools such as APQP, DFMEA, 8D
- Cost understanding
- Ability to read and use engineering specifications and drawings
- Certified to use CATIA V5/ V6
- Certified to use Electrical Work Bench
- Trained and Certified to utilize Team Centre (TCe)
- Team player
- Methodical in approach
- Be an effective communicator demonstrating highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Be flexible in approach
- Self starter
- Demonstrate problem solving ability
- Ability to work under pressure
- CAD tool understanding - Vesys / CATIA V5/V6
- DFMEA practical experience / knowledge of
- Electrical harness engineering background
- HNC/D or equivalent in electrical / electronic discipline
- Degree or equivalent in electrical / electronic discipline
Do not miss out on your chance of interview - APPLY NOW!
Our Clients are unable to provide sponsorship for Tier 2 General Visas; therefore, only candidates eligible to work in the UK need apply!
Caresoft Global Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency.
We are an independent highly-experienced recruitment consultancy dedicated to specialist markets within the Automotive, Aerospace, Agricultural & Construction Industries.
No terminology within this advert is intended to unlawfully discriminate on the grounds of age, sex, race or disability and we welcome all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'