Are you interested in a career within publishing? Would you like to gain experience within editorial and production? We have an exciting opportunity working for a highly respected organization in their journals division on an initial fixed term contract. Based in Stevenage, this is a superb opportunity to learn about the publishing process as the Editorial Production Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about journals publishing, along with managing the journal production process, including print and digital publications.
Some key responsibilities of the role will involve:
- Ensuring all source files/copyright forms including Open Access licenses are submitted
- Exporting all files and metadata to the Journal Production system
- Ensuring the quality of copyediting and typesetting and recording issues as appropriate
- Marking up and validating author corrections
- Ensuring the final XML, PDF and image files are correct
- Delivering articles and issue online files to the IET Digital Library platform
This is a great role to develop your publishing experience and the successful candidate will be educated to degree level or equivalent. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a high degree of literacy and numeracy, plus experience of using different IT packages within a working environment. Attention to detail is crucial for this role as is a willingness to represent the journals at meetings. Knowledge of XML, experience of proofreading and/or publishing a distinct advantage.
For further details of these roles please forward your CV and a short letter of application outlining your interest, availability and salary expectations.
- Open Access
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job