Editorial Director (Medical Communications)
Summary / Heading
A global Medical Communications agency is looking for an Editorial Director to assume responsibility for the editorial team; managing a team of line reports, ensuring adherence to all processes across the agency and working closely with the client services team to ensure projects are completed the highest possible standard.
You will be utilising effective leadership skills to ensure editorial resource is in place for all accounts, training needs are identified for the editorial group and ensure group awareness of industry standards. You will be line managing the editorial group and will lead group meetings, drive the review and appraisal process and update team structure as necessary.
You will be drawing on previous Medical Communications writing experience to provide senior-level scientific expertise across a range of therapy areas and materials and will be able to make a strong contribution to account planning and strategies both internally and through client liaison, pro-actively identifying new business opportunities and maximising organic growth.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the successful candidate to lead a supportive team
in one of the leading MedComms agencies.
Salary (If applicable)
£65k+ (dependent on experience)
Client Company Statement / USP and Link
This fast-growing and forward-thinking MedComms company is seeking talented individuals to lead their editorial team as an Editorial Director. This diverse role will offer someone the chance to take overall responsibility for the editorial team across the agency, utilising their extensive scientific knowledge and people/project management skills.
• 25 days holiday
• In-office Pilates and HIT training.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Life Assurance
• Private Health Insurance
Role / Description
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Take overall responsibility for the editorial group across the agency.
• Line managing across the editorial group.
• Ensure adherence to industry regulations and client SOPs.
• Maintain expert knowledge of therapy areas.
• Work closely with the accounts team to support business growth, budgets and planning.
• Assess resource requirements and drive the recruitment process.
• Life Sciences degree (BSc, ideally MSc, PhD or MD)
• 15 years healthcare agency experience in senior roles.
• Experience leading an editorial/scientific team in a Medical Communications agency.
• Extensive medical writing experience.
• Experience of line management.
• An understanding of the industry local and international regulations.
• Commercial awareness of a medical communications business.
• Proven business development skills including new business pitches.
• Strong attention leadership skills.
Key Benefits To You:
• Opportunity to work across a variety of accounts, therapy areas and materials.
• Opportunity to work with highly talented senior team members.
• Excellent opportunities to increase knowledge and refine skills.
Agency Statement / USP / Link / Contact Details
Clinical Professionals are the leading pharmaceutical staffing consultancy in Europe. We are the agency of choice for medical communications professionals as we are the most knowledgeable recruiters within our specialist sectors and receive the highest number of jobs across the UK of all agencies - therefore you can leave your job search and career guidance safely in our hands alone! Our expert consultants and resourcers have been working in the medical communications market for a number of years and understand the nuances of this sector, so can give tailored advice for YOU and outstanding levels of service throughout your career. We also have great relationships with our clients so pride ourselves on being able to identify clients that may be the perfect `fit` for you and bring you to their attention. By working proactively with candidates we find you the RIGHT job at the RIGHT time.
- Editorial Director (Medical Communications)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job