A London based academic publisher is looking for an Editorial Administrator to join the Peer Review team. You will be overseeing the peer review process of a varied list of subscription and open access journals. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain their first step in academic publishing. This is a rolling one month contract, starting ASAP.
- Administering the peer review process for journal articles using online manuscript tracking systems (ScholarOne) according to agreed procedures
- Researching referees, adding new contacts and updating the existing records for account holders on the online manuscript tracking systems
- Monitoring the quality of peer reviews received and communicating to the Senior Peer Review Manager where necessary
- Efficient processing of journal articles through the online manuscript tracking system
- Using software to assess whether journal articles have issues with plagiarism or duplication; referring issues to colleagues
- Dealing with enquiries from authors and other stakeholders in a prompt manner
- Monitoring and improving performance of the journals (processing times, copy flow) and providing feedback to other team members
- Providing training and support for Editors, Associate Editors and reviewers.
Experience / skills required:
- Interest in academic publishing and knowledge peer review processes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Will be an excellent communicator with strong relationship management skills
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of online manuscript tracking systems would be beneficial
- Organised with the ability to multitask
For further information, please apply online via REED
Contact: Kellie Millar
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion but we will keep your CV on file for any future relevant opportunities.
Atwood Tate acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent and contract vacancies and an Employment Business for interim and temporary recruitment.
- Peer Reviews
- Tracking Systems