Editor - Medical
£38,000 - £42,000
Location - (Remote working until August and part-time office based longer-term)
Leading media publisher seeks talented Editor to work across a globally recognised, market leading medical brand. Ideally, if candidates have a PHD in a biological subject area this will be highly preferable but our client is also open to master's degree if there is sufficient commercial experience to match.
The brand is accessed online through many institutions, universities and teaching hospitals, its content being synonymous with high quality, robust research and practice.
This market leading title is also a commercial journal with many different revenue streams. Advertising, copyright licencing and bespoke industry supplements are a main stable along with new initiative media communications such as webinars, roadshows, consensus documents and even a Latin America edition four times a year.
Working for this cutting edge brand gives a well-rounded and sophisticated editorship to a progressive, forward thinking person with a keen interest in science and research that wants to be part of a journal which makes a profound difference to patient outcomes.
The established team supporting the publishing editor provides many opportunities for growth and progression. The right candidate will learn many new skills and help develop the brand to greater success.
Our client prides themselves on being able to act quickly in delivering new ideas and creative concepts to the market. During lockdown they have launched a week-long webinar series.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Sub-editing of articles for the monthly Journal and associated publications.
- Managing the commissioning of articles and developing the peer review process.
- Being involved in the whole editorial process.
- Managing and editing supplements and other projects related to the journal both offline and online.
- Representing the journal at meetings, press briefings conferences, exhibitions, educational and commercial events.
- Working closely with the editorial board members to ensure that the contents meet the needs of the journal audience.
- Managing the journals’ editorial budget ensuring that costs are strictly adhered to.
- Working with the sales team, associate publisher and publishing director to help maximise commercial potential for the journal.
- Managing and assisting with associated activities, including conferences, supplements, online initiatives, books and directories.
- Assisting in the process of marketing of subscriptions by keeping the department up to date of developments with editorial content.
- Producing conference programmes and chairing events as required.
Profile of Candidate:
- Strong editorial experience (within b2b publishing), minimum of 3 years +
- A PHD in biological Science or Master's
- High standard of sub-editing, writing and on time publishing.
- A strong background in developing excellent relationship with professionals in the field, both editorially and commercially.
- Effective commissioning and per reviewed process.
- An excellent work ethic
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'