We are looking for a Writer/Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language. As part of a team including product management and research analysts, you will to edit analyst-written documents as well as create written content. The successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to clients.
As a Writer, you will:
- Perform background research and gather materials from various internal and external sources. Internal sources include analysts, current content, primary and secondary research resources and data. External resources include clients, other Supply Chain professionals, member webinars, event attendees and other news publications.
- Fulfill a writing agenda primarily guided by the Supply Chain agenda planning process and key initiatives
- Independently create content, either as sole author or co-authoring with an analyst
- Write a wide variety of document types for different kinds of client consumption, tailoring the writing style to the relevant audience
As an Editor, you will:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit assigned documents or other deliverables to improve readability.
- Read documents closely to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar syntax and style.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with author(s).
- Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Edit with the reader or audience in mind.
- Work cross-functionally with all other teams/departments, including Research, IT and Graphics, to improve the overall workflow process, procedures and systems.
- Assist in training analysts on publishing process requirements and editorial style.
- Participate in departmental projects.
- Undertake continuous, job-related training to maintain editorial quality levels and improve individual skills.
- Maintain an awareness of new terms or phrases coming into popular usage in your subject area.
- At least three years' editorial and/or writing experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
- Tact, firmness and sound intuition when dealing with analysts and others.
- Numerate and visually literate.
- Proven ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload.
- Knack for learning and understanding new concepts.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job