Editor - Energy and Utilities - London - Perm - For a reputable consumer website company
£50,000 - £60,000 per year
Keen to work for a leading well known consumer website company? Then we have an interesting opportunity for you.
If you're passionate and ambitious and want to work within a challenging environment then read on.
- Driving our energy and broadband, phone, mobiles & TV content on the company's website guides, tools
- and news services. This includes ensuring our content is always accurate, updated and topical.
- You will need to be (or become) an expert in the energy, broadband, phone, mobiles and digital TV markets.
- Be on top of all latest news and developments in these sectors so we never miss a big story.
- Have ownership of our tone of voice in these channels.
- Ensure all rankings that are editorially chosen are in their correct spot.
- Work with the social, design and SEO team to ensure content is always noticed, findable and good looking.
- Work with the product team to ensure the relevant tools/clubs are always in great shape
- Work with the CRM team to ensure our user engagement is engaging and editorially compliant.
- You will be supported by a senior utilities analyst, and existing energy and comms analysts/writers. Precise
- line management structure TBC, though you will manage at least two people.
- Ensure our content always considers the user experience to ensure it's as easily readable and interactable
- with as possible.
- Ensure our content always complies with the Editorial Code and always puts the user first.
- What do you need to excel in this role?
- Excellent editor of all types of content - features, news, blogs.
- A strong understanding of the energy, broadband, phone, mobiles and TV markets.
- Deep understanding of how to structure and edit content so it works online.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple language, in a manner that empowers the reader to take
- Good organisational skills and ability to juggle a large, changeable workload to ensure output is correctly
- Track record of challenging and coaching a team of writers to improve overall editorial output.
- Experience working within a strong editorial voice.
- Understanding how to incorporate SEO techniques into well-written, usable content.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing and editing content for mobile devices
- Familiarity with legal issues pertaining to editorial content.
- Able to represent the company and Company website in external media
- Childcare Vouchers
- Holiday Trading
- Charitable Giving
- Season Ticket Loan
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Health Cash Plan
- Gym Membership
- Health Screening
This position represents a great chance to widen your skill set and progress your career in a successful business.
If you are keen to apply, please send your CV immediately or get in touch for further information.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Web Editor
- Website Editor