- Editing Assistant
- Chalfont St Peter
- £17,000 - £17,300 p/a
- Permanent, full time
Working for a world leader in translation and language support, the Editing Assistant will be part of the Editing team and work within the Production department. You will be correcting errors as marked by the translation checkers, resolve format issues and ensure that translations adhere to specific client foibles and guidelines. You will then forward your work to the Translation Assistant team where final quality checks are completed before the translation is dispatched to the client.
- Editing a variety of texts and images in to a range of languages which have numerous layout guidelines.
- Doing all you can to ensure that client deadlines are met
- Being responsible once a week for dispatching completed translations to the clients electronically ie. email, encryption, portal upload
- Being responsible once a week for printing/formatting translations ready for proofreading.
- Good English language
- Sharp eye for detail
- Good spelling
- Microsoft Word - DTP skills an advantage though not essential
- Ability to work accurately and quickly
- Ability to work independently within a large team
Hours of work are 10.00am to 6.30pm and one day per week, 9am -5.30pm with opportunities of paid overtime.
We will respond to your application within 7 days for this vacancy. If you have not received a reply in this time, we will keep your CV on file and contact you when a suitable vacancy arises.