Editing Administrator to £18K p.a. (School Leaver Opportunity)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent school leaver looking to use their English skills and start their career in a friendly local company.
Working in the editing team you correct typographical/linguistic errors as marked by the translation checkers, resolve format issues and ensure the translations meet specific guidelines. You will then pass your work onto the Translation Assistant team (Finishers), where final quality checks are completed before the translation is dispatched to the client.
• 22 days’ holiday (increasing with length of service)
• Non-contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance and private medical insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Discounted gym membership
• Cycle2Work scheme
• Free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station
• Editing a wide variety of texts and images into a range of languages, which have numerous layout guidelines, client specific foibles to adhere to.
• Editing translations in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Trados, Worldserver
• Ensuring client deadlines are met and flagging up any potential issues as soon as possible. •
• Responsible for dispatching completed translations to the clients electronically i.e. email, encryption, portal upload on a weekly basis
• Printing/formatting translations ready for proofreading on a weekly basis (on this day you will work 9am-5:30pm)
Essential Skills/ Experience:
• Good MS Office skills particularly Word
• DTP skills would be beneficial
• An excellent command of the English language
• Accurate with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work 10am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday (with 1 hour for lunch)
Candidates' suitability for positions will be judged exclusively on criteria relating to qualifications, knowledge, skills, experience and attitude. There will be no discrimination on any other grounds.
Due to the volume of applications for this vacancy Platinum Resourcing will only be contacting those candidates that we feel meet the strict criteria our client has stipulated. If you don't hear from us within 3 working days, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for further vacancies.
- Copy Editing
- Desktop Publishing
- English language skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job