Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Circa £50,000 - £60,000 per annum, plus bonus
Stevenage, Herts / Hybrid Working
What if you could design and deliver a high impact EDI strategy?
What if you could help inspire a more diverse global community of engineers and encourage your colleagues to bring their whole selves to work each day?
What if you were our Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion?
At the IET, making our world a better place starts by creating a better place for our people. At IET and you’ll have more than just a job. Our work is exciting and challenging, connecting the people who solve the problems that matter. It means working with us has real meaning and impact, and you’ll grow - professionally and personally - in ways you never thought possible. We’re also making significant investments in our people, including providing a modern, vibrant workplace and embracing hybrid working.
What you’ll be doing
At the IET we take equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) seriously and you’ll have an important role in helping us achieve our ambitions. You’ll have overall management of a range of impactful projects supporting protected characteristics within the organisation and across the represented sector including formation and delivery of the organisation’s diversity strategy and action plans.
You’ll be working with colleagues across the organisation to develop and grow a diversity and inclusion measurement framework for different areas of IET activity. Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop and grow a diversity and inclusion measurement framework for different areas of IET Activity, as well as developing close relationships with external partners to break down barriers and promote ED&I across the sector, Government, and society.
What we hope you can bring to the role
You’ll have a strong background in an EDI management role and as a natural influencer and engager, you will be highly personable and able to build effective stakeholder relationships, internally and externally, at all levels. A genuine passion for leading diversity, equality and inclusion work is a must!
We’d love to get to know you
Is Imposter syndrome creeping in? Don’t worry - we’d rather hear from you this time than not hear from you at all! Read on for a little more information about the role; but also, keep in mind that we’re open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way, supported by a hybrid working framework that allows you to find the best place to do your best work.
A little more about the role
- Develop and deliver a plan and structure to support good practice for the delivery of the ED&I Strategy, working collaboratively with our other offices and networks across the world
- Acting as a critical friend and challenging people across the organization to have inclusion by design across all activities
- Act as the IET’s ED&I spokesperson, speaking at conferences and to journalists as needed.
A little more about what we’re looking for
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies, frameworks, delivery structures, tools and policies that have had a meaningful and visible impact on organisational success
- Experience of influencing and engaging with Executives, Boards, partnerships and peers
- Understanding of the barriers’ individuals, particularly those from protected characteristics, face in a workplace
- Experience of building credible networks and partnerships
- Experience in providing strategic advice and influencing key decision-making
- Proven track record of leading major campaigns aimed at changing perceptions and behaviours on EDI issues and challenges
- Experience of managing a budget
What if you could be you? The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To find out more, head over to our 'Work for the IET’ site.
- Critical Thinking
- Influence Others
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'