Are you an experienced Edge Banding Production Operator?
Baltic Recruitment are currently recruiting for Edge Banding Production Operators to work for a highly reputable client based in Newton Aycliffe. To edge panels in line with production schedule ensuring all components within the cutting list/production order are produced to the right quality, ensuring jobs are processed accurately against production orders and cutting lists.
Edge Banding Production Operator Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To edge panels in line with production schedule ensuring all components within the cutting list/production order are produced to the right quality, ensuring jobs are processed accurately against production orders and cutting lists
- Quality management process of completing orders, responsible for applying the correct tape, of the correct thickness, with the correct profile, to the correct side/s and number of sides and that the tape is always adhered correctly. Checking labels and component sizing.
- Handling each product, a minimum of twice, carrying out inspection of the quality of the edging and board quality. Paying attention to chipping, sizing, adherence, corner rounding, trimming and profiling, adhesion and cleanliness from excess glue removal, surface imperfections such as scratching and quality challenges with the laminating process.
- Ensuring all orders separated and clearly identifiable on the trollies and pallets. Gables paired ready for the next process.
- Where a faulty product has been discovered activate the SMR process in a timely manner.
- Stock control of glue, edging tape, cleaning fluids, cutting and milling tools and other consumables.
- Have a clean well-maintained machine, with evenly applied glue. Ensuring the right programmes are strictly followed with frequent cutting tool inspection.
- To ensure all failings from the edge bander and or the saw or board quality are identified and are prevented.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by a Manager and Director.
- Waste disposal in the correct manner - excess glue and glue containers, edging snips etc.
- Dust extraction system management
- Recuts resulting in edging requirements
- Maintaining records of tape consumed
- Following the product label in terms of what needs edging and checking against cutting lists and job packs - checking to ensure label has been applied in correct orientation.
- Supporting the greater team effort where edge banding demand is a lower priority than assisting with other tasks.
Edge Banding Production Operator Applicants:
- Must have previous Edge Banding experience
- Must be able to pick up the differences between colours and slight changes in shades of colours.
- Must understand cabinet construction.
- Able to follow SOP and work unsupervised.
- Able to problem solve and identify improvements to make the current situation easier, faster and safer.
- Has good PC skills.
Hours of work: working 2 shifts (6-2 & 2-10) however, the training period will be working on days.
Hourly rate is £9.37 per hour, plus shift allowance.
- Edge Banding
- Edge Bander
- Edge Banding Operative
- Edge Banding Operator
- Edge Banding Production Operator
- Edge Banding Production Operative
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'